Harvey butts heads with his partners; Mike pursues a pro bono case with the legal clinic; Donna's actions raise tough questions.
Harvey and Paula agree to get to know one another better. Drawing inspiration from Jessica herself to mark the change of leadership, Harvey decides to drop her oldest client while eyeing an important client from Alex Williams, a lawyer from his past. However, Alex is only willing to transfer said client if he is made name partner at Pearson Spector Litt, which Louis and Donna oppose. Louis is terrified to lose his fragile friendship with Harvey if Alex comes to the firm, so he tries to poach the client behind Alex's back. Harvey goes to meet with Jessica to get her on his side but the meeting results in a fight. Meanwhile, Mike's pro bono case hits a snag when the opposing lawyer uses Mike's past to prejudice the judge. Katrina tells Harvey that his promoting Donna to senior partner has changed what it means to be named a partner inside and outside the firm, leading to Harvey undoing Donna's promotion. He instead names her COO while agreeing that she gets to have a vote inside the firm. Harvey also denies Alex name partner but offers him senior partner, which Alex accepts. Jessica and Harvey make up and she confirms that he's ready to take the lead.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Christina Cole as Dr. Paula Agard
- Aloma Wright as Gretchen Bodinski
- Amanda Schull as Katrina Bennett
- Dulé Hill as Alex Williams
- Zoe McLellen as Holly Cromwell
- Ray Proscia as Dr. Lipschitz
- Joe Pingue as Ackerman
- Brian Hamman as Harry Kirst
- Elizabeth Whitmere as Acumen Lawyer
- James Kall as Judge George Clark
- Riley Gilchrist as David Gruen
- Donna's partnership title is revoked by Harvey, who realizes that the title of "senior partner" will lose its meaning if given to someone who is not a lawyer, causing Donna to ask for the title of COO, which Harvey agrees to.
- Alex Williams joins the firm as its newest senior partner, bringing in Pfizer and forcing Pearson Specter Litt to drop Jim Reynolds, who has been a client at the firm ever since Jessica Pearson took over.