|“|| Mike: If you wanted me to be your associate, why didn't you just ask?|
Louis: Because you would've said no.
Mike: Louis, come on.
Louis: No, Mike. I know what people think of me, and I know what you think of me. I knew you'd remember all the bad things about working with me. I just wanted to remind you of some of the good ones.
Mike: I remember all the good ones, but I also remember after those things, you going back to being the same Louis I met the first day of work. The Louis who fired someone right in front of my face for the sole purpose of teaching me to be afraid.
Louis: You're right. I remember you once said that my actions matter and that it's not water under the bridge. You've changed me. You make me want to be a better man.
Louis offers Mike a future-changing case; Harvey and Jessica work together to bring down an old nemesis.
To be added.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Gary Cole as Cameron Dennis
- Matthew MacFadzean as Nick Howell
- Michelle Fairley as Ava Hessington
- David Ferry as Peter
- Kevin Hanchard as Colonel Mariga
- Richard Blackburn as Judge Mark Dauber
- David Richmond-Peck as Lawyer
- Louis receives Harvey's blessing to have Mike as his own associate, and they work together on winning an eminent domain case. Harvey, who has been unwilling to forgive Mike for his betrayal, is informed by Donna that if Harvey is blaming Jessica for the merger, then he should forgive Mike. As Louis decides to make his mentorship with Mike official, Harvey swoops in to reclaim Mike as his associate, and Mike accepts.
- Harvey represents Ava Hessington in her bribery charge, clashing against special prosecutor Cameron Dennis. Ava's pipeline in an African nation was built after bribing the foreign government, and Dennis has video footage of the bribe, although it lacks audio. Despite Dennis' insistence on going to trial, his superior demand a deal, and Dennis forges one; Hessington Oil pays a $50,000,000 fine and Ava is convicted guilty of bribing a foreign official, although the prison sentence is waived, and Ava accepts the deal.
- Louis mentions Robin Williams and emulates his speech from Dead Poets Society, and Mike responds with "Oh Captain, my Captain!".
- Louis compares his upcoming associate as the D'Artagnan to his "Athos, Porthos and Aramis".
- Jessica mentions O.J. Simpson as well as the O.J. Simpson murder case; Harvey states that if they are the "dream team", then he would be Johnnie Cochran.
- Donna mentions American Gigolo and Richard Gere.
- Mike mentions Jerry Maguire twice; Mike and Louis quote a few lines from the movie.
- Louis and Mike mention Moneyball.
- Cameron mentions Steve McQueen, and Harvey references a scene from Bullitt.
- Louis mentions Jack Nicholson's portrayal of Melvin Udall in As Good as It Gets as his cinema hero.
- Jessica asks Harvey if he knows anything about the Hatfield-McCoy feud, and Harvey responds that he didn't catch the Hatfields & McCoys miniseries but that he heard that Kevin Costner killed it.
- Louis mentions Mariano Rivera.
- Goddamn Counter: 0
- As of this episode, the background music playing during the credits has changed.
- Donna tells Rachel that she was aiding Mike with covering his secret for the past year; however, Donna discovered Mike's secret in "Pilot", which took place in 2011, while this episode, given the timeline established thus far, takes place over 12 months later.
Louis: Good morning, Ms. Paulsen.
Donna: Spit it out.
Louis: Is that any way to start the day?
Donna: You want something.
Louis: I need the 411 on the breakup.
Donna: Are we in high school?
Louis: Life is high school. And I need to know if the prom king and his boy wonder are still an item.
Donna: What high school did you go to?
Louis: Donna, it's a simple question. Did Mike and Harvey break up break up, or did they take a time-out and, like, say to each other, "Hey, let's see other people and make sure that we're sure."
Harvey: Well, let me get this straight. You want my permission to take Mike and force him to be your associate.
Louis: No, I would never force him to do anything. It has to be consensual. Not like Sally Jones and senior prom.
Harvey: Wait a second. Did you just admit to a crime?
Louis: No, a crime was committed upon me.
Harvey: Okay, I don't want to, but I have to. What crime?
Louis: My mom felt bad for Sally, so she forced me to take her.
Harvey: Well, what was so bad about her?
Louis: She had four nipples.
Harvey: Okay, if that date was so bad... [laughs] I mean, how did you find that out?
Ava: That disloyal piece of filth.
Harvey: Believe me, I know how you feel.
Ava: Do you? Because I've heard you prefer to work alone. Well, I don't. I may have been above him when we started, but for the last two years, we worked together side by side. I'm not a sentimental person, but it meant something to me, and I thought it meant something to him.
Rachel: Hi, Donna. I love your dress.
Donna: And I love when you compliment me before you ask for something.
Rachel: You're so insightful. Look, I know we said Harvey and Mike's problem isn't our problem, but Louis is stealing Mike.
Donna: It's not stealing when someone's available for the taking.
Rachel: You knew?
Donna: When do I not know? Louis asked for Harvey's blessing with Mike, and he gave it.
Rachel: Why didn't you tell me?
Donna: Because we agreed that their problem isn't our problem.
Rachel: I know. But Harvey doesn't really want this.
Donna: And you know that because?
Rachel: Because he can't. Look, he needs you to do your Donna thing and help him get over it.
Donna: Harvey listens to me because I tell him what I believe.
Rachel: What do you believe?
Donna: That Mike betrayed Harvey.
Rachel: Mike was blackmailed.
Donna: And then he betrayed Harvey.
Rachel: Donna, how can you–
Donna: How can I what? I just spent the last year hiding your boyfriend's double life. I'd say I'm a pretty understanding person. But what I don't understand is when someone takes loyalty like that, and they throw it in the garbage. Would you like me to say that to Harvey?
Rachel: Sorry I asked. Won't happen again.
Mike: You went to Donna about me and Louis?
Rachel: I thought she could help.
Mike: You what?
Rachel: I thought if she knew, she'd go to Harvey, and they'd just put an end to it.
Mike: Someone butting in and telling him what to do is only going to push him further away.
Rachel: I didn't tell him what to do. I went to Donna.
Mike: If Donna tells him, all it says is that I'm too weak to fight my own battles. God, if it's coming from you, that makes it so much worse.
Rachel: Why? What?
Mike: Harvey forbid me to tell you anything.
Rachel: You and Harvey talked about me?
Mike: After we went out, I went to him, I said I wanted to tell you–
Rachel: And he said I wasn't trustworthy.
Mike: It's not that.
Rachel: He didn't want you to go out with me.
Mike: No, it's not that either. He didn't have a problem with us going out, he–
Rachel: Oh, so it's okay if you screwed me so long as you lied.
Rachel: Oh, my God. That's why you cut things off with me.
Mike: I didn't want to lie to you.
Rachel: I can't believe him.
Mike: Rachel, he didn't just risk everything he had for me once. When Jessica found out, he put everything he had on the line for me again.
Rachel: I hope you know as you stand here defending him, he has no intention of ever forgiving you. Because I found out when Louis asked Harvey for his blessing, he said, "Take him. He's all yours." So instead of getting mad at me for trying to get Harvey to forgive you, maybe you should get pissed at Harvey and think about moving on.
Mike: What the hell is wrong with you? I said I was sorry, I gave back the office, I helped you with your case, I even blackmailed Jessica. Harvey, I get that you are pissed off at me, but eventually, you are going to have to forgive me.
Harvey: Forgive you for what, making me hire Katrina? Getting high on the job your first week? Betraying me with Jessica? Or for telling Rachel about your secret?
Mike: You cut me loose. Okay? You fired me. I was at my lowest point. She was there for me. She's still there for me.
Harvey: Congratulations. I hope you two are happy together.
Mike: So you're gonna punish me by giving me to Louis? Well, let me tell you something. It failed. I actually like working for Louis. He makes me feel like I'm working with him, not for him.
Harvey: Well, I'm glad to hear that. Because I didn't give you to Louis as punishment, I gave you to Louis because you and I are done.
Mike: Harvey, I regret what I did. But I'm telling you right now, you're gonna regret this.
Harvey: Maybe you didn't hear me. I said you and I... We're done.
Donna: Do you have a second? I want to talk to you about how we left things.
Rachel: I don't know, did you run it by Harvey first?
Rachel: I understand that he has final say on who his employees fraternize with.
Donna: Look. Harvey wasn't just trying to protect himself, Mike, Jessica, and me. He was also trying to protect you.
Rachel: Right, my protection's at the top of Harvey's agenda. He barely knows who I am.
Rachel: And if he did know me, he would know that I would never tell anyone.
Donna: Okay, look. You want to be mad at Harvey, fine. But you might as well be mad at me, because I told Mike the same thing.
Donna: I dragged Mike into Harvey's office, and I told him that Harvey was right.
Rachel: That Mike should lie to me?
Donna: No. I told him that he should get over you.
Rachel: Was that before or after I came to you and told you that I kissed him and that I called him and told him how I felt?
Donna: It was after.
Rachel: You told him not to be with me, and then you let me think that he didn't care about me.
Donna: No, I told him what I thought, and then I tried to help you move on because their truth wasn't mine to tell you.
Rachel: I thought you were my friend.
Donna: I am.
Rachel: You cared more about protecting Harvey than protecting me.
Donna: Yes, Rachel! That's my job!
Rachel: I get that everyone's jobs are important. This wasn't about a job for me. It was about having a life. But I guess you wouldn't understand that.
Rachel: Me too.
Mike: You were just trying to help me.
Rachel: Yeah, but I shouldn't have said something I knew would hurt you just to end an argument.
Mike: I don't want to keep secrets from you.
Rachel: You don't have to.
Mike: So Louis asked me.
Rachel: And what did you say?
Mike: I told him I needed some time to think about it, and then I came straight here.
Rachel: So you're really just apologizing because you need my advice.
Mike: Well, I also want sex.
Rachel: You can have one or the other
Mike: I really don't need any advice.