|Birth name:||Gabriel S. Macht|
|Born:|| January 22, 1972|
The Bronx, New York
|First credit:||Why Would I Lie? (1980)|
Suits credits Edit
Harvey Specter Edit
- 411. Enough Is Enough
Selected other credits Edit
- Breaking at the Edge (2013)
- A Bag of Hammers (2011)
- S.W.A.T.: Firefight (2011)
- Love & Other Drugs (2010)
- One Way to Valhalla (2009)
- Whiteout (2009)
- Middle Men (2009)
- The Spirit (2008)
- Because I Said So (2007)
- The Good Shepherd (2006)
- Archangel (2005)
- A Love Song for Bobby Long (2004)
- Grand Theft Parsons (2003)
- The Recruit (2003)
- Bad Company (2002)
- Behind Enemy Lines (2001)
- American Outlaws (2001)
- The Audrey Hepburn Story (2000)
- 101 Ways (The Things a Girl Will Do to Keep Her Volvo) (2000)
- The Bookie's Lament (2000)
- Simply Irresistible (1999)
- The Adventures of Sebastian Cole (1998)
- The Object of My Affection (1998)
- Why Would I Lie? (1980)
Biographical information Edit
Personal life Edit
Macht was born in The Bronx, New York, the son of Suzanne Victoria Pulier, a museum curator and archivist, and actor Stephen Macht. He has three siblings, Jesse, a musician, Ari Serbin, and Julie. The family moved to California when Gabriel was five years old. Following high school, he attended Carnegie Mellon College of Fine Arts, graduating in 1994. During his time at Carnegie Mellon, he was a member of the Delta Upsilon fraternity.
Macht married Australian-born actress Jacinda Barrett in 2004. The couple had their first child, a girl, Satine Anais Geraldine Macht, born August 20, 2007 in Los Angeles.
Macht was nominated for the Best Young Motion Picture Actor Award after playing his first role at age eight in the film Why Would I Lie? under the stage name Gabriel Swann. He has appeared in many film and television roles including A Love Song for Bobby Long, Because I Said So, The Recruit, and Archangel. For the 2001 film Behind Enemy Lines, Macht spent a week at sea filming on the flight deck, corridors, and hangar bay #3 of the USS Carl Vinson. Macht played the title role in Frank Miller's 2008 adaptation of Will Eisner's comic creation The Spirit.
- Macht has been friends with his Suits co-star Sarah Rafferty for almost 20 years, and they shared a house together during the filming of the show in Toronto.
- Macht is from a Jewish family.
- Macht is a vegetarian and practices green living.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- ↑ Q&A With Gabriel Macht of Suits, retrieved on June 12, 2013.
- ↑ Jews in the News: Dan Fogelman, Jason Segal & Stephen Macht, retrieved on June 12, 2013.
- ↑ Gabriel Macht & Patrick Adams: Being green 'Suits' them, retrieved on June 12, 2013.