With their backs against the wall, Jessica and Louis make a last-ditch effort to rally the support of the partners, as Daniel Hardman and Jack Soloff attempt a takeover of the firm. Meanwhile, Mike and Harvey must each face down the demons of their past in order to make potentially life-altering decisions.
The episode starts with a flashback to Harvey's past where he sees his mother cheating on his father with his father's friend. He goes to one of his father's musical performances so that he can tell him everything, but he ultimately changes his mind because his father tells him that he's coming home. In the present day, Harvey is retelling this story to Dr. Agard. Another flashback to Mike's past shows his reaction and grief the day he found out his parents died. Under the care of his grandmother, he goes to Catholic school at the church where his parents regularly donated money. The priest, Father Walker (Scott Michael Campbell) is shown trying to help Mike through his troubles, but Mike is defiant. In the present day, Mike visits Father Walker, after learning that Trevor also went to the priest for guidance. Meanwhile, Hardman threatens to obtain and gut Louis' sister's company unless he agrees to vote against retaining Jessica as managing partner. In the end, Harvey cuts a deal with Forstman to resign, and reveals the news to the senior partners that Hardman's backer was a man in prison. All of the partners – with the exception of Soloff – vote to keep Jessica. Mike decides to resign from the firm, too, thanking Harvey for giving him a family, but saying he will soon have his own family and he doesn't want his secret to threaten that. Just as Mike is about to leave the firm with Rachel, two agents arrive and arrest him for conspiracy to commit fraud.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- David Costabile as Daniel Hardman
- Christina Cole as Dr. Paula Agard
- Rebecca Schull as Edith Ross
- Aloma Wright as Gretchen Bodinski
- Scott Michael Campbell as Father Sam Walker
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Jack Soloff
- James McCaffrey as Gordon
- Billy Miller as Marcus
- Laura Allen as Annabelle
- Jacob Buster as Young Mike
- Russell Hornsby as Quentin Sainz
- Rod Wilson as Bobby
- Harvey Specter resigns from the firm in order to cut off Daniel Hardman's funding, allowing Jessica Pearson to continue being managing partner of Pearson Specter Litt.
- Mike Ross resigns from the firm as well.
- Mike Ross is arrested for conspiracy to commit fraud.