|“|| Louis: Ava Hessington is not my client. Hessington Oil is. And they generate $14 million a year in billables.|
Harvey: Have you not been listening? Ava Hessington is Hessington Oil. [...]
Jessica: If she steps down now, we can still win the vote and keep them as a client. [...] This is my call.
Harvey: I'm afraid it isn't.
Jessica: Excuse me?
Harvey: You and I both know who assigned me to this case, and it wasn't you. It was the man you chose to merge with. The same man who has a 51% share of our law firm. So, unless you're going to undo that, you're going to live with this.
Harvey's defense of Ava hits a roadblock when the interests of her murder trial are at odds with Louis' work to thwart a hostile takeover of Hessington Oil by a rival businessman.
To be added.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Max Beesley as Stephen Huntley
- James Madge as Mr. Connelly
- Brandon Firla as Jonathan Sidwell
- Allan Price as Board Member
- Michelle Beilhartz as Jogging Woman #1
- Lisa Chandler as Jogging Woman #2
- Harvey vetoes the idea of Ava Hessington losing control of Hessington Oil. Jessica and Louis decide that the best way to retain Hessington Oil as their client and prevent a takeover by Gianopolous Ltd. is by voting Ava out. Jessica goes behind Edward Darby's back and tells Louis to convince the board to drop Ava in exchange for Hessington Oil retaining Pearson Darby as their legal counsel, and Ava is ousted.
- Darby lashes out at Jessica for her insubordination, with Jessica retorting that despite her 49% share in the firm, she would run things in New York while Darby runs things in London. However, as Darby owns 51%, he tells her that costing Ava her company was not in the firm's interest; Jessica replies that his personal feelings for Ava clouds his judgment and that her actions retained Hessington Oil as a client, therefore adding $14 million on her side of the ledger.
- Mike and Katrina work together on the Hessington murder and hostile takeover case, calling a truce and bonding over their shared interest in shows like The Wire and The Sopranos.
- Mike and Rachel profess their love for one another.
- Donna engages in a short term sexual relationship with Stephen Huntley.
- Louis mentions Jean Valjean.
- Harvey refers to Mike as Forrest Gump, and Mike responds that if he is Forrest, Harvey would be Bubba. Forrest and Bubba, as well as Harvey's quote about the shrimp business, are from the 1994 film Forrest Gump.
- Katrina and Mike reference The Wire.
- Katrina and Mike mention The Sopranos; Katrina even quotes Silvio Dante's remark "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.", which in itself is one of Michael Corleone's famous line from The Godfather Part III.
- Goddamn Counter: 3
- When Jessica tells Louis she does not wish for him to go behind Harvey's back, he mentions that she had no problem asking him to do the very same thing when it came to McKernon Motors. ("Inside Track")
- Mike and Katrina are self-professed fans of The Wire, which stars Wendell Pierce as Bunk Moreland. Wendell Pierce also portrays Robert Zane, a recurring character on Suits and the father of main character Rachel Zane.