Pearson Darby Specter’s “divorce" brings a trust issue to the forefront. Harvey finds himself battling Scottie once again and Louis convinces Jessica to let him handle the dissolution talks. Meanwhile, Mike asks Rachel to take a big step forward in their relationship.
To be added.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Wendell Pierce as Robert Zane
- Amanda Schull as Katrina Bennett
- Adam Godley as Nigel Nesbitt
- Abigail Spencer as Dana Scott
- Louis asks to be assigned to handle the dissolution negotiations for Pearson Darby Specter. As the firm with the highest revenue receives more, Jessica and Harvey devise a strategy which involves Harvey landing Samsung as a new client. However, Nigel Nesbitt ends up being Louis' opponent, and after revealing that he never read any of his letters to Mikado, Louis loses his cool and locks in the client allocation, despite it being the one thing Jessica asked him not to do.
- With the client list locked up and no new revenue from new clients being eligible, Mike realizes that there is a loophole – getting revenue from pre-existing clients. He informs Jessica that if Folsom Foods pays them the rest of the settlement, then the revenue would put them on top. Mike goes out to the golf course and convinces Robert Zane to have Folsom pay the rest of the money owed.
- Scottie convinces Harvey not to include Folsom's payment, as she would get screwed out of Edward Darby's promise to make her a name partner if she beat him. Harvey agrees, but when Hessington Oil fires them, thus tanking the firm's revenue, Harvey blames Scottie for fooling him, and works with Louis to get an advance payment from Gianopolous Holdings Limited, which puts them back over the top.
- Scottie confronts Harvey, who refuses to believe that she did nothing. Scottie informs him that he could have called and asked her to leave Hessington Oil off her list the same way he left Folsom Foods off for her, although she realizes that he is not willing to ask from a position of weakness. Jessica then informs the pair that it was Ava Hessington fired them, and that she is suing them all for malpractice.
- Mike asks Rachel to move in with him, and she asks for time to consider it.
- Rachel informs Mike that she got accepted into Stanford University.
- Harvey mentions the Washington Generals and the Harlem Globetrotters.
- Louis mentions The Great Escape, Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson.
- Katrina refers to Louis as "the Hulk"; Louis later refers to himself as "Dr. Banner".
- Nigel refers to Katrina as Tinker Bell.
- Harvey mentions Tiger Woods.
- Harvey mentions Michael Jordan.
- Goddamn Counter: 7
- Louis reveals that his father played for the Washington Generals.
Mike: Just because I have to wake up early, doesn't mean you should suffer.
Rachel: Well, you know what they say. The couple that wakes together...
Mike: Bakes together?
Harvey: Jessica, it's one thing for me to show Louis respect. But you want to put me on the sidelines for him?
Jessica: No. I'm going to put him in at quarterback, then snap the ball to you.
Harvey: Louis, we gave you one job, and you blew it. How the hell did you screw up those negotiations?
Louis: Screw up? Come on. What are you talking about? I got us the corporate jet, we keep our first dividend checks, and they pay for our new letterhead. So, you know what? You just put that in your pipe and you smoke it.
Harvey: I don't give a shit about the goddamn letterhead!
Louis: You don't think I know that? Nobody cares about the goddamn letterhead, okay? Nigel went after Mikado.
Harvey: What the hell is Mikado?
Louis: Not what, who. She's a cat.
Harvey: He went after your cat?
Nigel: He went after his cat.
Harvey: He tortured his cat?
Louis: He deprived her of my letters.
Harvey: Louis... You lost your shit during a negotiation because someone didn't read your letters to their cat?!
Jessica: The question is, who still owes us enough money to make a difference?
Mike: Folsom Foods. The second they pay their settlement, we get paid our fee.
Jessica: You came to that all on your own?
Mike: Yeah, about an hour ago. Don't tell me I beat you to it?
Jessica: Maybe, but you didn't have Harvey slowing you down.
Mike: That's a fair point.
Harvey: Okay, I'm right here.
Harvey: Louis. I've told you this before, but it's always been when I needed something from you, and I don't need anything from you right now because you just gave it to me. So maybe you can hear it when I say it. I respect you. You're an excellent attorney. A valuable member of this firm.
Louis: And a friend?
Harvey: Don't push it.
Donna: What were you thinking, pulling all that shit with her dad?
Mike: I didn't think it would come to that. He didn't mind. Why should she?
Donna: Anyone who understands women in any way would know that was a bad idea from the start.
Mike: Harvey liked it.
Donna: Proving my point.